Acrylic is an ideal material with incredible strength. Acrylic bathtubs are primarily used globally due to their durability and sturdiness, and these bathtubs are favorite for use. Acrylic bathtubs can easily cost 10 to 15, but they need maintenance and proper cleaning. There are different ways to clean the bathtubs, like non-abrasive and non-harmful cleaners, and various methods can be followed, which are given below.
Natural Methods of Cleaning
Vinegar and Hot WaterUsually, sometimes stains show on the surface of the bathtubs and look dirty, so the best way is to fill the bathtub with hot water and add 2 cups of vinegar in it. Vinegar is not a coloring agent; it is also a benefit. The acid in the vinegar helps to make it shine and be neat.
Baking Soda – Cleaning AgentBaking soda works as a cleaning agent, just put some baking soda on the wet surface of the acrylic bathtub and leave it for a few minutes. It doesn’t harm the bathtub and is very safe to use.
Remove the Hard Water Stains from the BathtubHard water is a significant problem and can immediately damage the product's quality. White vinegar is the best solution to remove the hard water stains from the acrylic bathtub. Use a paper towel to dip it into the white vinegar. Leave the white paper towel on the stains for one to two hours and remove them. Then prepare the paste of the baking soda and vinegar paste and rub it on the surface of the stains gently and then wipe it with a clean cloth.
Remove the Rust Spots from the Acrylic BathtubFor rust spots, the best product is borax powder. Mix the borax powder with water or vinegar, leave it for 10 to 15 mins, and then clean it. The rust spots will disappear.
Use Sponge and ClothMake a soft paste of baking soda and water and then rub it on the surface of the acrylic bathtub. Don’t use a harsh sponge for the bathtub.
If natural methods are not helpful for cleaning the bathtubs, then try some commercial cleansers and agents for the acrylic bathtub. Different non-abrasive and not harmful cleaning agents are available, which are given below.
1. Cleaning Agents for Acrylic Bathtubs
2. Do Not Use Chemicals which are Mentioned Below
Chemicals can affect the durability of the bathtub and can decrease its shine; try not to use them to clean the bathtub. A few chemicals are the following:
- Paint Thinner
- Scrubbing Bubbles
Read More: Why Bathtub Paint Peeling Is Dangerous?
3. Seal Bathtub to Make Durable
Sealing the bathtub can increase the lifespan of the acrylic bathtub, making the bathtub safe to use. Silicone sealants can cause leakage, so don’t use them.
- Dap Kwik Seal Plus Premium Kitchen and Bath Adhesive Sealant
- Red Devil Advanced All Purpose Sealant
- IRIS USA 0750 Kitchen & Bath Stain Block Sealant
Apply the sealant to the joint with a constant hand, and it helps maintain the bathtub's beauty. After applying the sealant, carefully clean the excess amount and use any tool to apply the sealant.
Regular Maintenance of the Bathtub
- Clean and wash the bathtub weekly with the help of soap and a soft cloth. In this case, it remains shiny and does not look terrible in the bathroom. It also prevents germs from the bathtub.
- Pay attention to the drainage system of the bathtub. Every week rinse the drain; if it is not clean, it affects the drainage system and the working of the bathtub.
- Do not use cigarettes in the bathtub; do not throw anything in it. It will make the bathtub dirty and damage the cleanliness of the bathtub.
Follow Given Steps Before Cleaning of the Bathtub
- Open the doors of the bathroom and the windows. If the exhaust fan is part of the bathroom, turn it on. During the cleaning of the bathtubs, suffocation can cause breathing problems.
- Use gloves and a mask before cleaning; chemicals and soap can be dangerous. It is important to cover the hands and the mouth as preventive measures.
- First, try the chemicals, sealant, and natural products in a small place in the bathtub. Do not apply it all over the bathtub suddenly. There is the possibility that any expiry product can affect the beauty of the acrylic bathtub.
- After cleaning with products, wash the bathtub entirely with water to make it safe and clean for a bath.
- Wash hands and mouth, and discard the gloves and mask after cleaning the bathtub. Open the windows and doors to minimize the unpleasant smell of detergent.
The cleaning of the acrylic bathtub is no more difficult. Numerous ways are present, natural, synthetic, and proper maintenance. Every type of stain and spot is easy to remove with a little struggle. The most naturally used products are vinegar and borax—additional sealants help make the bathtub as long-lasting and shiny as before.