Although many water sources are present, some people still prefer the well water because it is very fresh and purely due to minerals. Many homes and industries nowadays use well water, especially those who live in desert areas and prefer to drink groundwater. The wells are made according to particular height and width. To get the water from the wells, there is a need for properly suitable pumps.
Importance of Well Pumps
The well pumps perform heavy duty and help store the water into a specific storing tank and then supply it to the home and the industries through the plumbing system. This procedure is done through the air pressure, and after the water supply, the air pressure is reduced to a lower point. This well pump provides the water without any problem when there's a need.
Types of Well Pumps
Four major types of well pumps are available in the market, submersible well pumps, jet well pumps, centrifugal well pumps, and hand well pumps. The submersible well pumps work precisely like the submersible sump pump; they will go under the water and pressurize it to make it above the ground. It's like something is merged into other things, as is evident from its name. The jet pump will be above the ground, and through the suction pipe, the water will come above the ground and supply the further. These two well pumps are usually used for bottomless wells.
The other two types are centrifugal and hand well pumps. These are best for home use and wells that are not intellectual deep. These pumps will be placed above the ground and suck water from the pump through a pipe.
Cost of Well Pumps
The well pumps are not at the same price rate; the cost is variable. Some are available in the low-cost range, but there are more chances of a short lifetime and the warranty system, and some are very costly with good material, and they can be durable.
- The submersible well pumps are available for $250 to $1,250, and the difference in cost is directly related to the horsepower ability of the item.
- The jets well pumps price range is $200 to $800, and it is related to the size and efficiency of the pump. It can start from $100.
- The centrifugal pumps are not pricey and very affordable, the price range is $100 to $500, and it can decrease and increase according to the brand quality.
- The hand pumps are the least expensive and easy to purchase, only $100 to $120.
1. Submersible Well Pump
This pump will be submerged into the water, and the working ability varies from one pump to another. It is not that easy to select the perfect submersible well pump; some are available for 25 meters deep, and some are 250 meters deep. Some are available with a few gallons per hour, and some within 100 gallons per hour. These are rod or cylindrical as this pump is under the water to remain excellent and long-lasting in use compared to others. The motor of these pumps helps to get the water from the well efficiently, and it will distribute to the homes or to that target place through the well-managed system. They are correctly covered, and the motor is adequately sealed so that water will not get into the engine and affect its working.
- These are energy efficient and take advantage of gravity.
- It can handle solid particles as well.
- The sealing can affect corrosion.
- It is pricey.
2. Jet Well Pump
It is incorrect to say that the well pumps are only beneficial for home use; they are also advantageous at the agricultural level. The jet pumps are also cumbersome at work. A specific vacuum creates the jet well pump, and water comes out from the well. The jet well pumps consist of the impeller in which pressure is made, and the water goes to the tube and then to the plumbing system. There is no required daily maintenance in the case of the jet well pump. The jet well pumps are available for the deep wells and the shallow. The deep jet well pumps can work for the 100-meter depth.
- The maintenance cost is low.
- It is eligible for remote operations.
- The efficacy can reduce when the pumping requirement increases.
- The sand and dust can get stuck in the nozzle and stop it from working.
3. Centrifugal Well Pump
The centrifugal well pump works according to the kinetic energy principle. The motor of this pump spins and uses kinetic energy to provide the water from one side to the other side. These centrifugal well pumps are best for home use, but they are not sealed properly, so they can be rust and corrode due to water. These are the most affordable well pumps and are considered a moderate type of working. It is suitable for less deep wells.
- It is less dangerous.
- It is adjustable in small spaces.
- There are chances of impeller damage.
- Not productive for the high head.
4. Hand well pump
The hand well pump is the manual pump, and these are very handy in use. This pump will supply the water to the pipelines or storage tank; it is a less expensive but time taking well pump. It requires energy, and it is best for less than 25 feet.
- It works without the presence of any power source.
- It is not pricey.
- It is difficult to use.
- It leads to physical tiredness.